Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Yearbook: Top 13 of 2013

Over the past few years, as we've all gravitated towards overshares and stream of consciousness writing via social media, it seems that every day of the year has some significance for someone we know. Whether it's a birthday or wedding, celebration or memorial, it's hard to scroll too far before realizing that today is a special day.

As I've gotten older, the years seem to be speeding up, the months seem to be shorter, and seasons pass faster than I can appreciate them. I try to reflect on the ones that are particularly important, but, coming to the end of 2013, it occurs to me it's not just the graduations or the weddings or even the birthdays that stick out. In fact, it's actually less about them. Those are the ones that fill the photo albums (digital and otherwise), but a lot of the experiences that really color my memories are fleeting moments that, somehow, change me.

This year, as I polish up some resolutions for 2014, I'd like to say goodbye to 2013 by sharing one of these experiences each day - my own Top 13 of 2013.

Stay tuned for the 2013 Year Book.



No comments:

Post a Comment